6/15/14

PTI Release in Review...

Have you been loving this release so far?  As a customer, the 15th of the month was such a fun day and I am so excited to get to share it with you.  3 months in and I am still pinching myself!  Here are a few cards using the latest June release....

IMG_9821\

This card uses a sentiment from Keep it Simple:  Weddings.  I stamped the sentiment onto a banner from the First Place Dies and then heat embossed it with white Filigree powder.  I stapled it onto a white, woodgrain card stock that I die cut with the Might Bloom Cover plate.  I layered it all on to a kraft card base to finish it off.  I love this rustic sort of wedding feel.  

IMG_9824

This next card was so fun to make...

IMG_9805

I used the negative of the stripes over plate to make the base of this card, just gluing down the stripes.  Then I added in some of these gorgeous Friendly Flowers and a sentiment from Thank you Kindly.  I love love love these flowers.  Did I say love?  I do.

IMG_9804

The Topiary Trio is another favorite new set.  I love those trees and the double stamping.  That detail is so fun!  And the dies are perfect!

IMG_9840

I made the back panel from the Phrase Play #5 die, just snipping out the "happy".  I added a topiary up on foam tape and then added in a sentiment from Thank you kindly.

IMG_9843

This next card was fun to make.  When I saw the flower centers in Friendly Flower, I instantly thought fireworks!  (As did Dawn!) :)

IMG_9903

I stamped one in Pure Poppy, one in Enchanted Evening and one in Delicata Gold.  I stamped the sentiments on 2 strips of paper and popped them up on foam tape.  The sentient is from Monthly Moments: July.  LOVE these monthly sets.  I am telling you the scrapbooking bug has bit.  Stay tuned.  :)

IMG_9904

For my last card, I tried something that I have only tried one other time.  I am not a colorer.  I know I have said that that many times.  I want to be.  But I just can't get the hang of it.  Ask me to color a sold image....I'm your girl!  :)  BUT, when I saw this cat, I knew I had to try again.  Practice makes....well....practice helps.  Ha!  So here is my attempt at the no line stamping/coloring whatever it is called technique....

IMG_9907

I stamped the cat on the die cut in Tuxedo Black Memento after stamping off about 4 times.  The line was very light.  Then I just went back in with 3 different brown copics and blended and shaded and blended and tried to shade some more.  I had to stop before I blended a hole in the paper but for my second attempt, I thought it turned out ok.  I stamped the bowl shadow on the ground, from Bowl of Sunshine and popped the cat up on foam tape.  I added in a sentiment and then cut out the ball of yard die  I stamped off here again several times and then stamped the image on the white paper.  I went in first with a dark copic and traced the lines of the stamp.  Then I went back in with another, lighter red and colored over the whole thing, leaving no white paper showing.  It gave the lines a softer, yarn look.  This set is just too cute!  My daughter has now made 7.5 cards with this set since it came in the mail! :)

IMG_9909

Stop by the rest of the DT to see what they have to share!  And happy shopping! Thanks for coming by!

Nichole Heady
Betsy Veldman
Heather Nichols
Dawn McVey
Melissa Phillips
Erin Lincoln
Laura Bassen
Danielle Flanders
Ashley Cannon Newell




Happy Wedding Day...

Stamps: Keep it Simple: Wedding
Paper: Kraft, Misc Wood Grain Cardstock, Vellum
Ink: Versamark
Misc: Mighty Bloom Cover Plate, Filigree White Embossing Powder, Staple, First Place Banner Die


Can't thank you enough...

Stamps: Friendly Flowers, Thank you Kindly
Paper: Stampers Select White
Ink: Orange Zest, Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewell, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse
Misc: Stripes Cover Plate, Friendly Flowers Dies

Thank you so much...

Stamps: Topiary Trio, Thank you kindly
Paper: Stampers Select White, Misc Woodgrain paper
Ink: Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse, Provincial Gray Fresh Ink
Misc: Phrase Play #5 die, Topiary Dies


Happy 4th of July...

Stamps: Monthly Moments:July, Friendly Flowers
Paper: Pure Poppy, Stampers Select White
Ink: Pure Poppy, Enchanted Evening, Delicata Gold


Meow...

Stamps: Cat's Meow
Paper: Stampers Select White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Provincial Gray Fresh Ink
Misc: Copics




18 comments:

  1. I love your cards this morning! The Friendly Flowers one is stunning and your cat is only the sweetest little cat ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the cards and designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love all of these, Laurie -- they're all so fabulous! And your colouring is great on that cat!
    (I'm ordering that one for Sage -- she loves it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beauties all, Laurie! The kitty is a favorite, but so is the sparkler card! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, you win the wedding card contest, I just love the use of kraft and white and keeping it simply elegant

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh - such beauties :) I use my Bloom" cover plate a lot - this is another fabulous way to use - thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all the woodgrain cardstock you used. The center of the flowers for fireworks is so clever and I think your coloring is pretty darn good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg I just love the wedding card it is breath taking and stunning. WOW and the rest are just as wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, Laura!!! So gorgeous - there you go again =]
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card with the bloom plate is seriously one of my faves of yours ever ever. Ever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa, you already have MM: July?! Seriously?! And it has a 4th of July stamp in it?! ::hopping around happy:: Oh.Em.Gee!!!! I love that card, by the way. I love all of them, but patriotic just makes me all giddy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards have totally made me love this release Laurie, you have totally rocked every single one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great.....now I need the Might Bloom Coverplate. Awesome cards Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love everything you have done! Your use of that coverplate on the first card is SO simple yet absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these cards! Could you be specific as to the wood grain plate you use? I like how soft and faint the lines are.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS