11/17/12

Retro Sketches

Today's sketch comes from a gorgeous CAS Kasia card.  All of her cards are gorgeous aren't they?  :)  Here is my take...

IMG_8803

If you saw yesterday's post, you know I have been playing with the Cameo.  I thought I would do something similar for today's sketch.  This time I just made the card front with 2 rectangles and then enough space in the middle for the sentiment.

I used the most adorable set of stamps from Kelley Purkey's new line called Joy and the little piece of grid paper is from another set called Autumn.  I got them both at Simon Says Stamps.  LOVE!  (And it looks like my sentiment is crooked...hate it when that happens!) :)

IMG_8806

I found a little tree brad from my scrapbooking stash (from prob 10 years ago)...I knew I held on to some of that stuff for a reason!  LOL!

Here is today's sketch...

rs38

Go check out what Arielle and Kasia have for you today and then link up your own card over at Retro Sketches! Thanks for coming by today!

19 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card and you are so talented when it comes to using the cameo. I love the crisp look of the white with the stamping.
    Still hoping you will share the cut file from yesterdays card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a cool design!! love the cut outs with the grid paper behind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! Love the berries and holly background and the little silver tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fun design Laurie, love the cute holly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this super clean and hip card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea for a holiday card... if your sentiment is crooked it must be by centimeters.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is such a great take on that sketch!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shadowbox effect you created is perfect paired with the sketch. Thank you for the timing of this post, too. I've been trying to finalize a sketch for an alpha card I'm making and I think that this will work better than what I've doodled.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, Laurie!! Love it!! :) I don't think there's one card, that I don't love of yours!! lol Oh, you you sound like me...holding onto things, for that long! lol Though, always nice, when you finally find a use for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just fabulous! Love, love ,love the rectangle cut outs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are rocking the cameo. this is awesome Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Laurie! So clean and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving all your cutout silhouettes. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love this card so much. its just gorgeous. and that little tree is a great find!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super creative interpretation of the sketch Laurie - Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! Love how you've cut the two parts to make the rectangle!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is lovely! Really love the way you created the window! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another amazing card! The cut, the colors, the little metal embellishment, everything has a purpose.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS