11/03/12

Retro Sketches...

Happy Saturday!  I hope you are all doing well!  I am off for a day of well needed shopping.  It's nice to get away to a town where they actually have stuff I need.  Unfortunately, its a bit of a drive but that's ok!  I am up for a road trip!  I need one that ends up at a beach somewhere but that won't happen in Kansas.  :)  

Here is my card for today's Retro Sketch...I think I stretched it a little but I can still see the original...sort of.  ;)  Here is my card...

IMG_8646

I made a sunburst with my Cameo and then added in a little CSS cloud.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Apothecary Labels. 

Here is this week's sketch from my cutie friend Suzanne...

rs36

You can see her original card HERE.  Check out the Retro Sketches blog to see all of the sketch cards for the week! 

Thanks for coming by!

17 comments:

  1. so bright and happy...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY WOW! I LOVE THIS! That texture is awesome on that burst. I'm seriously in love! Beautiful Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Wow Laurie, this is amazing, CSA sunshine which we are actually seeing today finally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card. I love the idea of the cloud in front of the sunburst. Well, if you drive for hundreds and hundreds of miles west of you, you will end up at my house, and I would be so happy to take you to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how we could use this sunshine Laurie! We've had a rainy icky week. CUTE card ~ happy shopping ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love the sentiment stamp, it's kind of unexpected....the rest of the card is more CAS and modern and I like the kind of vintage style of the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl I got some happy mail from clear & simple stamps today! Thanks again for the free sentiment set ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laurie, this card makes me happy. I hope you had fun shopping today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the positioning of the sun and cloud look great, and the colours so cheerful

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the light and bright yellow paper :) That sun is awesome! I hope your shopping trip is fun and you get a lot of great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Love the diecut starburst!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh goodness...this is awesome Laurie. Hope you had a fabulous shopping day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shopping!? How was it!? This is an AWESOME card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful. I love the whole layout of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been meaning to comment on this all month...I just love it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS